Since its formal establishment in March 1995, the Alliance’s membership has grown to over 100 organisations. Its membership, from which Board Members are elected at the Alliance’s AGM, consists of a diverse range of groups, including: child welfare agencies and service providers; child protection groups; academics; youth organisations; family support groups; human rights organisations; disability organisations; parent representative organisations community groups; and other organisations interested in children’s rights.
The Alliance's policies, projects and activities are developed through ongoing collaboration and consultation with its member organisations.
Member organisations are entitled to a number of benefits, including
- free listing on the Alliance web site (and free advertising for your events);
- free quarterly newsletter;
- free access to the Oireachtas Monitor;
- automatic attendance at the AGM and to vote for Board Members;
- advance notice of free events and publication launches by the Alliance;
- advance notice of policy briefings and press releases;
- immediate invitations to consultation work, seminars, training courses;
- involvement in policy development and advocacy;
- opportunity to contribute to policy work via roundtables to inform responses;
- opportunities to showcase your organisation;
- free communications advice; and
- media interest filtered to your organisation, when appropriate.