Barretstown's Mission is to provide psychosocial support for children diagnosed with cancer and other serious illnesses through an innovative residential camping programme of Therapeutic Recreation.They also provide specialised programmes supporting the families of these children.
Their Philosophy of Care:
- They are committed to implementing the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- They base all decisions and activities on the best interests of the child.
- They promote the general welfare, health and full development of children and protect them from harm of all kinds.
- They recognise the rights of children as individuals and treat them with dignity and respect.
- They adopt and consistently apply a thorough and clearly defined method of recruiting and selecting staff and volunteers.
- The principle of non-discrimination informs all of our work with others irrespective of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth, sexual orientation or other status.
- They endeavour to identify and reach standards of 'best practice' throughout the organisation.
- They will undertake development of the programme and attempts to influence change only where it is clearly appropriate and valuable to do so (e.g. changes and development of services will not be undertaken solely or primarily because funding is available).
- They provide all programmes free of charge including round trip transportation, accommodation and medical care.
Tel: 045 864 115
Fax: 045 864 197