Vacancy for two positions on the
Children’s Rights Alliance Board of Directors
About the Children’s Rights Alliance
The Children’s Rights Alliance unites over 100 members working together to make Ireland one of the best places in the world to be a child. We change the lives of all children in Ireland by making sure that their rights are respected and protected in our laws, policies and services. We identify problems for children. We develop solutions. We educate and provide information on children’s rights. We unite our members and put pressure on Government to put children first.
Our work has had a real impact for children in Ireland. This includes:
• A referendum to strengthen children’s rights in the Constitution.
• The establishment of Ireland’s first Ombudsman for Children.
• Representing children at Social Partnership on the Community and Voluntary Pillar.
• A new practice of placing separated refugee children in safer care settings.
• An end to the detention of boys in adult prisons.
• A legal prohibition on the practice of female genital mutilation in Ireland.
Our Strategic Plan 2017 - 2021 ensures that the Children’s Rights Alliance works strategically and effectively, guaranteeing the greatest impact for all children in Ireland. Our overall strategic aims include:
1. Using the Law to give meaningful effect to children’s rights.
2. Shaping national policy to give meaningful effect to children’s rights.
3. Investing in children early and building political support for public services.
4. Promote access to child-friendly justice.
5. Spotlight on serious children’s rights violations, including refugee children.
6. Strong membership and people, systems, structures, procedures and resources to deliver strategy.
Vacant Board Positions
The Children’s Rights Alliance has two co-opted positions available on its board at present. We wish to appoint co-opted directors with the following expertise:
• Public Affairs and Communications
• Business and Management – Quality Management.
• Ethnic Diversity
More details can be found in the attached description.
If you have the above expertise and are interested in joining the Children’s Rights Alliance board of directors, please send a cover letter and CV to Theresa Burke – Head of Governance and Finance email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 7th November 2019